As a Muslim woman, wearing a hijab can be a way to show your faith and express yourself. It can also be a source of confidence and self-assurance. In recent news, we have seen the extreme ends of the spectrum with Muslim women around the world being asked to remove their hijab or forcibly wear it; both being equally dishearting. As Muslims, we are well aware of the power of choice for each Muslimah that decides to wear and embrace the hijab.
“Help me understand the mindset of a society that implicitly denies a woman her right to choose her attire if the said attire leans more towards modesty than towards exhibitionism.” ― Yasmina Diallo, From Catwalk To Freedom
To help you feel confident and empowered while wearing the hijab, here are 5 helpful tips.
- Choose the right fabric – when choosing the right fabric for your hijab, it’s important to select something that is comfortable, breathable, and lightweight. If you’re wearing a hijab in the summer, cotton or linen is a great option as it will keep you cool. In the winter, you can opt for thicker materials such as wool or velvet.
- Find the right style – there are many different styles of hijabs available, so take some time to find one that suits you best. If you’re looking for extra coverage, consider wearing an underscarf. If you prefer something a bit more elegant, then a shawl is a great option.
- Try different colors – don’t be afraid to experiment with different colors and prints. Solid colors can be great for everyday wear, while prints and patterns can be fun for special occasions.
- Accessorize – accessorizing your hijab is a great way to add a bit of personality to your look. Try adding a statement necklace or a pair of earrings. You can also add a scarf pin or brooch to help keep your hijab in place.
- Have confidence – above all, it’s important to have confidence in your choice to wear the hijab. Wear it proudly and know that it’s a sign of your faith, strength, and beauty.
“Some of us cover to protect our bodies. Some of us cover to protect our souls. In both cases, respect their choices.” ― Anjum Choudhary
By following these tips, you can easily wear the hijab with confidence and be sure to make a statement wherever you go. Wearing the hijab can be an empowering experience, so take the time to find the right style and fabric for you. At Wasabi Hijabi we have a wide variety of hijabs and hijab accessories. Check out some of our favorites!