With a new year right around the corner, I am sure many of you are curious to know what can you do this year to make it better than the last. New Year resolutions are the first action that most of us take to create a plan to make an attempt at elevating ourselves. At the root of making any positive changes to the next level, you honestly have to change your mindset. It is often easier said than done but I encourage you to try it and see how it helps.
Creating a positive mindset is an important part of living a healthy and successful life. One way to do this is by utilizing affirmations. Affirmations are positive statements or phrases that you say to yourself to help boost your self-confidence and motivate you to reach your goals.
When using affirmations, it’s important to make sure that the statements are specific and meaningful to you. Start by writing down a few affirmations that you’d like to use. Examples include “I am capable of achieving my goals,” “I am in control of my life,” and “I am worthy of love and respect.”
5 Tips on How to Write Affirmations:
- Choose affirmations that reflect your true feelings and beliefs. Your affirmations should be positive statements that reflect the way you want to feel and think about yourself.
- Make your affirmations realistic. Acknowledge your current reality and strive for achievable goals.
- Speak your affirmations out loud. Speaking aloud can help to reinforce your positive thoughts and beliefs.
- Write down your affirmations. Writing can help to further strengthen your affirmations in your mind.
- Visualize your affirmations. Imagine how you would feel if your affirmations were already true. Create a positive image of yourself in your mind and focus on that image.
Once you have your affirmations, it’s time to start implementing them into your daily life. You can use them as a mantra when you’re feeling down or anxious, or even as a daily reminder of your strengths and abilities. You can also use visual reminders such as posters or sticky notes with your affirmations written on them.
It’s also important to practice self-compassion while using affirmations. Acknowledge your feelings and emotions and try to recognize that you are doing your best. This will help you to be more patient with yourself and to stay positive even when it feels like nothing is going your way.
Overall, using affirmations is a great way to stay motivated and maintain a positive mindset. It’s important to be consistent with your affirmations and to practice self-compassion while using them. With time and practice, you’ll be able to use affirmations to reach your goals and live a happier and healthier life.
Need a little help with creating affirmations of your own? Maybe you would be interested in an affirmation deck. Affirmation decks include cards with various statements on them that you can pull as inspiration daily or even weekly. Here are a few of our favorite decks that can be found in the boutique.